Summer Chess Academy for Talented Youth
Developing Strategies for Our Children’s Success
Premier Training Program with Residential and Commuter options
Cheshire Academy 10 Main St, Cheshire, CT 06410
Sessions I & II: July 5 – 9 & July 10 – 14
(7-Day Session available upon request: 7/5 – 7/11)
In our summer program, children are afforded a uniquely-structured opportunity to develop and nurture a love of chess and enhance their learning experience within an inspiring and fun atmosphere. The camp offers high-level chess training program. Our students will discover new friendships while balancing the challenge of competitive teamwork with individual effort. In addition, students will receive tennis training at the camp. We will have professional tennis coaches working with our campers each day.
* Chess Instruction with Distinguished Coaches *Small Groups *Instructional Tennis/Recreational Soccer *Medical Service
We are proud to present an exceptional coaching line-up:
GM Sagalchik – Head Coach
Coach G trains his students starting early in their careers. In recent years, his students won numerous top National individual and team titles as well as dozens of state titles. Coach G’s students consistently qualify for the World’s Youth.
GM Yury Shulman (Session I)
– The Head Coach for the Men’s National Team USA 2012-2013 and Women’s National Team USA ’06 & ’14
– GM Shulman also seconded the world renowned players like Boris Gelfand and Zsuzsa Polgar.
– Among a number of top juniors coached by Coach Shulman, Kesav Viswanadha earned his IM title at the age of 15 and won the NA Youth Championship in 2014 and NA Junior Championship in 2015.
– GM Shulman is a National US Champion ’08 and Co-Champion ’10-11; as a member of the National Team USA he won a bronze medal at the Chess Olympiad ’08 and silver at the World Team Championship 2010.
– The head coach of the Hohenems Chess Club and its scholastic team; Seconded Boris Gelfand at the Interzonal Tournament and in his World Candidate matches with Kramnik and Karpov.
– An author and contributor to ChessBase magazine, Chess Informant and New in Chess yearbooks.
– A member of the Austrian National Team at Chess Olympiads and European Team Championships; Austrian Team Champion with SK Hohenems in 2004 and 2014
Sample Daily Schedule:
7:45 - 8:25 Breakfast 3:00 - 4:00 Play 8:30 - 10:30 Lesson 4:00 - 4:45 Soccer/Kickball 10:35 - 11:35 Tennis 5:00 - 5:45 Calculation Training 11:45 - 12:15 Tactics Training 5:45 - 6:30 Dinner 12:15 - 1:00 Lunch 6:45 - 8:15 Lesson/Endgame Training 1:15 - 2:45 Lesson 8:30 - 9:30 Free Time
Tuition per Session:
Residential (room & board on campus): $1,095 – by 3/31, $1,195 – by 5/15, $1,295 -thereafter
Commuter (lunch is included) $750 – by 3/31, $850 – by 5/15, $950 – thereafter
7-Day Session 7/5 – 7/11: Residential: $1,533, Commuter: $1,050 – by 3/31
*10% Sibling Discount Available
Prior Day Arrival / Next Day Morning Departure: $75/day
Weekly Linen rental available at $35 per set or bring your own
Cheshire Academy http://www.cheshireacademy.org/
Set in historic Cheshire, Connecticut, this 104-acre campus provides the ideal setting
Dining Hall – http://www.cheshireacademy.org/Page/Student-Life/Campus-Resources/Gideon-Welles-Dining-Hall
Campus – http://cdn.media56.whipplehill.net/ftpimages/246/misc/misc_119580.pdf
By Car: New Haven train station – 25min;
Bradley International Airport, Hartford CT – 45min;
JFK/LaGuardia/Newark: 1hr 45min – 2hrs; Boston – 2hrs;
To assist with travel arrangements, Cheshire Academy have coordinated with Limousines Plus located in Wolcott: 203-272-7712 or www.limousinesplus.com
Other local companies: Metropolitan Livery – 203-444-4444, www.metrotaxict.com
Exclusive Car Service, Inc. – 877-695-4665, www.mylimo5.com
-Please Note: arranging a round trip fare could offer a significant discount
The Courtyard Marriott in Wallingford – 7mi
Americas Best Value Inn Cheshire/Meriden – 2mi
Additional information: Tel: (516) 225–0600, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org